The great theologian Karl Barth once remarked: “I have spent my whole career trying to make the word ‘God’ a cheerful word again.”
At Shoal Creek Baptist Church, we believe that God loves all people and that he wants a relationship with all people. John 3:16-17 reads “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but have everlasting life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.” (New Revised Standard Version)
Maybe you think that God is a condemning, judgmental God who is looking for an opportunity to destroy sinners. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. God is not a monster. God is like Jesus. Loving, compassionate, gracious and merciful to all.
Therefore, at Shoal Creek Baptist Church, you will hear words like love, forgiveness, grace and acceptance. Because we, like Karl Barth, want to make the word ‘God’ cheerful again!
At Shoal Creek Baptist Church we believe:
- God created us and calls us into a relationship with him based on faith in Jesus.
- Jesus Christ reveals God to us in his life, death and resurrection, and he is the perfect image of God.
- Although created in the image of God, humanity fell out of fellowship with God because of sin.
- As a result of Christ’s suffering, death, and resurrection, God has provided the means whereby sin is forgiven and creation can be restored into fellowship with God.
- Accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior is to accept God’s forgiveness, to begin to walk by faith and then to continue living in his grace.
- Salvation in Christ is more than hope for heaven. It is certainly that. But even more so, salvation is our acceptance of God’s call upon our lives to live out the teachings of Jesus here on this earth.
Shoal Creek Baptist Church is a Christ-centered church that enthusiastically invites all people to salvation in Jesus.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]